In case you don’t follow me on Twitter (or if you haven’t Liked the Facebook page for Evil Inc), you may have missed that I helped launch the first-ever Patreon-exclusive podcast, Surviving Creativity, with Scott Kurtz and business manager Cory Casoni. In fact, we just uploaded our second episode and it’s a doozy.
In our first episode, we spoke with Patreon creator Jack Conte. And hearing him speak so passionately about this project made me want to jump in and see if I could apply what he was talking about to my own comic.
So here’s the deal. First off, absolutely nothing is changing about Evil Inc. I’ll still be doing a daily comic strip, and you’ll still be able to read it at evil-inc.com.
It works like this: You set a pledge level, and every month I create daily comics, your account is charged at the amount you set. You can even set a cap amount to ensure you never get charged for more than what you expect.*
- $1/month: Cool backers-only activity feed with behind-the-scenes photos, work in progress and coupon codes.
- $5/month: Everything above PLUS a free subscription to the monthly Evil Inc digital comic.
- $10/month: Everything above PLUS access to a weekly, exclusive hour-long video hangout.
- $20/month: Everything above PLUS you get entered to win a monthly raffle for the original art to an Evil Inc comic strip — your choice, based on availability! AND every time I print a new graphic novel, you get one free (plus shipping charges outside the U.S.).
Sound interesting? Go sign up now!
This is a work in progress so if you want higher reward levels — or is you have any ideas for cool rewards, please don’t hesitate to get in touch!
* The Pledge Cap is really for creators who don’t do daily content. For example, at Surviving Creativity, our backers are charged every time we post a new podcast. It’s a weekly show but we could conceivable post more than that. Your donation cap would prevent you from getting charged more than you’re comfortable with in that scenario.