Today's show is brought to you by Wacom — makers of the incredible Wacom One! Brad and Dave talk about writing characters from outside your own personal experience. Empathy as a writing tool! Then, a listener says they're losing interest in their comic — can Dave and Brad help?
Questions asked and topics covered...
- How do you write characters different from yourself?
- Losing interest in your comic
- Zines vs formatted-for-phone comics
- Releasing the comic as an eBook before it appears on your site
- Storytelling structure
You get great rewards when you join the ComicLab Community on Patreon
- $2 — Early access to episodes
- $5 — Submit a question for possible use on the show AND get the exclusive ProTips podcast
- $10 — Record an audio question for possible use on the show AND get the exclusive ProTips podcast
- $50 — Sponsor the show! We’ll read a brief promo for your comic/product and read it twice during the show AND you get the exclusive ProTips podcast
Listen to ComicLab on...
ComicLab is hosted on Simplecast, helping podcasters since 2013. with industry-leading publishing, distribution, and sharing tools.