Today's show is brought to you by Wacom — makers of the incredible Wacom One! As a follow-up to our conversation about writing a strong beginning to your story, we've discussed the benefits of beginning a story in media res. But action, action and more action isn't going to do the trick alone. So today we're talking about another aspect of a a strong opening — setting an emotional hook!
Questions asked and topics covered...
- Setting an emotional hook
- Ira Glass' essay "The Gap" has us discussing the importance of developing your aesthetic
- When's the right time to start a Patreon?
- New challenges with success
You get great rewards when you join the ComicLab Community on Patreon
- $2 — Early access to episodes
- $5 — Submit a question for possible use on the show AND get the exclusive ProTips podcast
- $10 — Record an audio question for possible use on the show AND get the exclusive ProTips podcast
- $50 — Sponsor the show! We’ll read a brief promo for your comic/product and read it twice during the show AND you get the exclusive ProTips podcast
Listen to ComicLab on...
ComicLab is hosted on Simplecast, helping podcasters since 2013. with industry-leading publishing, distribution, and sharing tools.