Patreon by the numbersHere’s a roundup of what my Patreon backers have gotten over the previous months. Click each month to get a thorough breakdown of the posts uploaded during that time...
Webcomic veterans Dave Kellett and Brad Guigar tackle another collection of questions about the care and feeding of cartoonists. FIRST, Danielle Corsetto's GWS collection leads to a discussion of "complete" collections and hardcover books in general. NEXT, Creation vs Learning — which is more important? THEN, it's the perennial question – How do I get more Patreon backers? FOURTH, should experienced webcartoonists be more open to offering critiques when asked? And FINALLY, Dave challenges Brad to write a 10-year plan!
BUT FIRST: Dave discusses a parent's cunnundrum — the perplexing economics of LEGOs!
- 00:00 — The economics of LEGOs
- 06:25 — Brad is still dealing with phishing phallout
- 09:00 — Danielle Corsetto's GWS collection leads to a discussion of "complete" collections and hardcover books in general
- 15:26 — Creating vs Learning... which is more important?
- 24:27 — How to get more Patreon backers
- 37:33 — Should we offer critiques?
- 56:10 — Challenge: Create a 1-, 5- and/or 10-year plan
$2 — support the show
$5 — submit a question for possible use on the show AND get the exclusive ProTips podcast
$10 — record an audio question for possible use on the show AND get the exclusive ProTips podcast
$50 — Sponsor the show! We’ll read a brief promo for your comic/product and read it twice during the show AND you get the exclusive ProTips podcast