Evil Inc eComics!Since re-launching Evil Inc, I've been writing the comic as a series of chapters. If I've done my job well, they could each stand alone — or read as part of a larger story. So, starting this month, I'm going to start to release those chapters as individual eComics. You can download each one at either DriveThruComics or Gumroad — along with digital versions of the earlier Evil Inc "Annual Report" graphic novels, Evil Inc After Dark, digital sketchbooks, and more. Patreon backers at the $5+ levels can get each of these for free. Otherwise, the eComics start at 99¢ apiece and arrive as DRM-free PDFs that look fantastic on digital tablets! UPDATE: I created a special bundle at DriveThruComics — all five eComics for $4.99!
ComicLabWebcomics warlocks Dave Kellett and Brad Guigar talkin’ shop! Dave Kellett has returned from his 20th appearance at Comic Con International in San Diego — and it was a huge success! He shares the strategies he used to beat the odds and make a profit at an incredibly demanding show. Plus... booth barnacles, Hollywood scouts and the religious pugs.
- 00:00 — Religious pugs and other oxymorons
- 02:34 — The new pedestrianized Comic-Con frontage
- 05:45 — Hard times in Hall H? — Marvel and Disney's reduced presence impacted foot traffic on the floor
- 11:51 — Dave's best Comic-Con ever
- 12:59 — The Webcomics section of the show has shrunk
- 15:25 — Small Press and Artist Alley
- 21:19 — Selling long-form vs selling short-form comics
- 29:24 — Flyer advice
- 32:33 — The Big Takeaway... the show is about the Experience for most people. It's not about buying your book. And (ironically) understanding that concept can help you improve sales.
- 37:58 — How can you offer an Experience?
- 50:38 — Using Instagram to increase convention sales
- 54:25 — Booth Barnacles
- 01:05:39 — The most brilliant Booth-Barnacle strategy ever
- 01:10:06 — Are YOU a Booth Barnacle?
- 01:17:55 — Think about your visual branding
- 01:23:39 — Does this mean comic conventions are "back"?
- 01:26:21 — Hollywood scouts and how to mess with their heads
$2 — support the show
$5 — submit a question for possible use on the show AND get the exclusive ProTips podcast
$10 — record an audio question for possible use on the show AND get the exclusive ProTips podcast
$50 — Sponsor the show! We’ll read a brief promo for your comic/product and read it twice during the show AND you get the exclusive ProTips podcast