In the excerpt from Episode 191 of the ComicLab podcast ("Juggling Multiple Projects"), co-host Brad Guigar lets his own personal bout with Writer's Block seep into his advice... and his friend Dave Kellett is there to talk about it.
Today's show is brought to you by Wacom — makers of the powerful, professional, portable Wacom One! This week, we've devoted the entire show to Kickstarter — what's working, what's not, and how you can improve your campaign!
Questions asked and topics covered...
- Kickstarter is the most tangible, real-world, evidence-based way to show how impossibly HARD it is to reach people, even with a focused message
- Kickstarter Self-loathing vs “people not hearing about it”
- Traceable Kickstarter links
- Managing Kickstarter money
- Kickstarter post-mortem
- Kicktraq is almost always hyper-optimistic... here's a better way to project earnings
- Instagram's is nearly useless
- Is TikTok going to be better?
Today is a great time to bump up your ComicLab membership to the $10 tier! Patreon backers at that level will get exclusive access to livestream recording sessions — as well as an archive of previous livestreams!
You get great rewards when you join the ComicLab Community on Patreon
- $2 — Early access to episodes
- $5 — Submit a question for possible use on the show AND get the exclusive ProTips podcast. Plus $2-tier rewards.
- $10 — Gain access to the ComicLab livestreamed recording sessions (including an archive of past livestreams), plus $5-tier rewards
Listen to ComicLab on...
ComicLab is hosted on Simplecast, helping podcasters since 2013. with industry-leading publishing, distribution, and sharing tools.