After leaving the comic-convention treadmill many years ago, I was actually planning to attend this year's Comic Con International in San Diego. Although I wasn't going to work a booth, my podcast partner Dave Kellett and I had planned a live ComicLab show for the weekend. And maybe I'd bring a box of books and sell them at Dave's table for one day.
When the show was canceled due to the coronavirus pandemic, he and I started spit-balling how we could replace the convention experience for our readers — and ourselves.
That's how we came up with Studio Con. Here are the details
- Buy a book here during the posted hours
- Receive a link to a Zoom meet-up
- You and I chat — while you watch me draw in your book
- I ship the book to you.
We're even working on a two-camera set-up so you can talk to our face and see our hands actively drawing in your book.
Questions asked and topics covered...
- Building you own Writers' Room
- Falling asleep at the drawing desk
- The importance of writing
- Calling it quits after ten years
- Paypal micropayments
You get great rewards when you join the ComicLab Community on Patreon
- $2 — Early access to episodes
- $5 — Submit a question for possible use on the show AND get the exclusive ProTips podcast
- $10 — Record an audio question for possible use on the show AND get the exclusive ProTips podcast
- $50 — Sponsor the show! We’ll read a brief promo for your comic/product and read it twice during the show AND you get the exclusive ProTips podcast
Listen to ComicLab on...