PatreonOut of curiosity, I totaled up everything that I posted online last year (not including social media). As it turns out, if you're not joining us on Patreon, you're missing out on a whopping 85% of what I'm posting! That includes free eBooks, commissioned illustrations, bonus comics and Cape Carnival cartoons — as well as NSFW content like Evil Inc After Dark, Courting Disaster, commissions and sketches. There's an awful lot going on at all of the reward levels, and with a three-year track record of posting every day, on average, it's easy to see why my backers stick around month after month.
ComicLabThis episode of ComicLab is sponsored by Wacom! In this week's show, the ComicLab guys ponder George R.R. Martin's assertion that writers are either garderers or architects. Also, they talk about commissions. What are some best practices — and how can you avoid common mistakes? Then a question-asker asks how much time Dave and Brad spend trying to get their comics reviewed by comics journalists and websites. Next, can a sale or discount actually act as a dis-incentive for sales? And finally, how can you stop someone from stealing your art for a T-shirt? BUT FIRST... a real-estate ad by the side of the road written in Sharpie marker gets Dave's attention. Special Offer! If you become a Patreon backer at the $5 level or higher before Thanksgiving, you'll get both "How To Make Webcomics" and "The Webcomics Handbook" as easily downloaded eBooks! Plus, you'll get a new episode of Drunk ComicLab — which will be available only on Patreon! QUESTIONS ASKED...
- When you're writing, are you a gardener or an architect?
- Comics reviews
- Sales and discounts on your online store
- Art theft
- $2 — Early access to episodes
- $5 — Submit a question for possible use on the show AND get the exclusive ProTips podcast
- $10 — Record an audio question for possible use on the show AND get the exclusive ProTips podcast
- $50 — Sponsor the show! We’ll read a brief promo for your comic/product and read it twice during the show AND you get the exclusive ProTips podcast
Alternate ways to read Evil IncThere are as many ways to read Evil Inc as there are places to read it. Of course, you can always catch the comic in half-page installments here on the main site. And that's the only place to find the complete archive. PHONE-FRIENDLY
- If you read Evil Inc on a smartphone, check out my mirror site on Webtoons where my comic is formatted especially for thumbscrollers!
- I also post the comic in a panel-by-panel sweep on my Instagram page.
- And Evil Inc is always available on the Comic Chameleon app.