Today's show is brought to you by Wacom — makers of the incredible Wacom One! Brad and Dave talk about writing characters from outside your own personal experience. Empathy as a writing tool! Then, a listener says they're losing interest in their comic — can Dave and Brad help?
Questions asked and topics covered...
- How do you write characters different from yourself?
- Losing interest in your comic
- Zines vs formatted-for-phone comics
- Releasing the comic as an eBook before it appears on your site
- Storytelling structure
You get great rewards when you join the ComicLab Community on Patreon
- $2 — Early access to episodes
- $5 — Submit a question for possible use on the show AND get the exclusive ProTips podcast
- $10 — Record an audio question for possible use on the show AND get the exclusive ProTips podcast
- $50 — Sponsor the show! We’ll read a brief promo for your comic/product and read it twice during the show AND you get the exclusive ProTips podcast
Brad Guigar is the creator of Evil Inc and the editor of Webcomics.com Dave Kellett is the creator of Sheldon and Drive.
Listen to ComicLab on...
ComicLab is hosted on Simplecast, helping podcasters since 2013. with industry-leading publishing, distribution, and sharing tools.
Just a quick heads-up about the color. Since both Ed and I are in sunny San Diego (and since this convention takes weeks of prep time)the comic may aqppear in b&w for some or all of the day.
Ed’s still on the job, rest assured. And regularly-scheduled, full-color updates will begin anew next week. 🙂