Today's show is brought to you by Wacom — makers of the incredible Wacom One! This week, a ComicLab listener writes in to inform Dave and Brad that neither of them "actually have a cartoonist's job." To put it lightly, the guys disagree.
But first, Brad creates a socially distant candy chute for Halloween --
Questions asked and topics covered...
- Dave delivers a Zoom lecture to art students
- What does it take to be considered a "cartoonist" in today's world?
- Should the drawing match the writing?
- A Clip Studio Paint boot camp in the ComicLab Discord sever
- "I hate Kickstarter extras!"
- Grad school or comics?
- "I think I quit my day job too soon."
You get great rewards when you join the ComicLab Community on Patreon
- $2 — Early access to episodes
- $5 — Submit a question for possible use on the show AND get the exclusive ProTips podcast
- $10 — Record an audio question for possible use on the show AND get the exclusive ProTips podcast
- $50 — Sponsor the show! We’ll read a brief promo for your comic/product and read it twice during the show AND you get the exclusive ProTips podcast
Brad Guigar is the creator of Evil Inc and the editor of Webcomics.com Dave Kellett is the creator of Sheldon and Drive.
Listen to ComicLab on...
ComicLab is hosted on Simplecast, helping podcasters since 2013. with industry-leading publishing, distribution, and sharing tools.
Just a quick heads-up about the color. Since both Ed and I are in sunny San Diego (and since this convention takes weeks of prep time)the comic may aqppear in b&w for some or all of the day.
Ed’s still on the job, rest assured. And regularly-scheduled, full-color updates will begin anew next week. 🙂